DENVER- In the second night of a back-to-back, the Nuggets will be facing the Houston Rockets after a huge win in New Orleans last night.
The last time that we met Houston, we lost two games in a home-and-home series with Houston and Denver looks to redeem themselves.
Gary Harris led the Nuggets with a career high of 28 points, 2 rebounds, and 4 assists. The second leading scorer for Denver was Will Barton with 24 points, 7 boards, and 8 dimes. Nikola Jokic had a double-double with 22 points, 13 rebounds, and 8 assists.
The Nuggets had control going into the fourth quarter of our last meeting but the Rockets went on a solid run, overtaking the Nuggets lead. The biggest disappointment in that game was the ending with a coast to coast drive by Harden, where the Nuggets found themselves down by just one point. With 2.4 seconds left on the clock, Jokic took the ball out of bounds and attempted to throw the lob to Mason Plumlee but it fell short. Harden was on Plumlee and kept him from finishing the play. The Nuggets fell to the Houston Rockets, 125-124 on March 20th.
With the Nuggets now sitting half of a game behind the eighth seed Portland Trail Blazers, they are looking to overtake the eighth seed once more. Denver’s last five games are no easy task but this is a team that wants it. There’s still a chance for Denver to sneak their way back into that last playoff spot in the West.
FG%: 46.8 FG%: 46.3
RPG: 46.2 RPG: 44.2
APG: 25.2 APG: 25.2
Last 10: 5-5 Last 10: 6-4
Keys to the game:
- Take care of the ball: In our last meeting, we had 21 turnovers versus Houston’s 12.
- As always with the Rockets, limit the three point attack.
- Joker and the Rooster: When they play well, the Nuggets play well. Gallinari and Jokic put up big numbers against Miami and New Orleans, the Nuggets should look to them to continue to lead this team to victory.
- Pick and roll defense: in the past matches this season, Clint Capela and Nene have gotten easy dunks and layups off of the pick and roll.
- Play like there’s no tomorrow: Every game from here on out is a must win
Kenneth Faried (back) questionable
Will Barton (foot) questionable
Darrell Arthur (knee) questionable
Jameer Nelson (calf) questionable